Pages

Welcome

I hope this blog will be a direct insight to my travels. Learning curves, hopefully, not mountains. People, emotions and cultures. The really important elements of life.

Sunday 7 November 2010

Hi Sunday 7th

Hello we are still in Varinasi and today visited the temple from which Buddah delivered his first sermon. We used pony and trap to get there which was lovely, it was approx 10 klms and all the way the children were waving at us, it was like being a celebrity! That was in Saranat but there was nothing else to do there. This evening I ate the same spaghetti dish I had last night which was lovely and this morning for breakfast I managed to get fruit muesli and curd (yoga rt) so all in all a successful day! Note my days are measured largely on the food consumption.
Tomorrow we must finalise our next movement to the south, we are having great problems, as I said but it is likely we will take the train to Chennai, about 37 hours, followed by a further 6 or so! Mad I know but the flights are just so expensive it seems it would be more money than I paid for the UK to India return. They say of course it is because of Davali but I really can't see much changing as that was supposed to be yesterday! They say the fireworks will continue for some time, Marie is far from happy as she does not sleep with the noise.
So today we saw yet more bodies being carried down to the river, to think yesterday when we were there, those people were alive and breathing, it is a crude reminder that we are here for only a short time, it is sensible to enjoy every minute.
If I don't get to the blog for a while you know its cos we are on a very long train journey!
It was lovely to speak to Adam today, I tried to get Daniel today but with no luck, will try again soon.

Love you all xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment